Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

4th Clinic Visit--June 20, 2012

Today was a good day. I always get nervous the morning of clinic days. The uncertainty of it all. I guess if the little guy wouldn't have had the bad reactions at first, I wouldn't get uneasy in MY tummy. The little guy, on the other hand, spent the morning busy building Legos and horse playing with his sister. Today was a confidence builder though. Today we had to break our safe routine of eating lunch and then eating peanut. Since school is out for summer, this was our first morning clinic visit. I packed a heavy snack for the little guy and hoped that would be enough on his stomach to keep it settled. There is only so much food you can get the little guy to eat at 10:30 in the morning! He marched on in and went through our routine of vital signs and listening to his chest with the allergist. I mixed up his new dose in the cinnamon applesauce he has become quite fond of, and the 2 hour waiting game was on. Today, he is now up to eating 25mg of peanut protien, the equivelant of 1/12th of a peanut! (or in his terms he is eating Virginia, North Carolina, Texas, and California!) Pretty amazing! He did really well today, with no complaints at all. What a blessing. The allergist is pleased with how he is doing but is unsure himself if the positive change has been from the 2 medications or if it is his immune system showing a positive change. After the next 2 weeks he wants me to start slowly peeling off the proton pump inhibitor and see how he does. Until then, we will try to enjoy some family time having the little guy's Daddy off from work for a week. I know the little guy will have a great time with him and I will do my best to give my worry brain a little vacation too. To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment